VIEW ALL TATTOO LIGHTS

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Adam Vs. Adam: Levine Disses Lambert On 'The Voice;' All Hell Breaks Loose On Twitter

“I’m not familiar with that song, but you just forced me to like it,” the Maroon 5 frontman told "The Voice" semifinalist Nakia after he performed the "American Idol" alum's hit, "Whataya Want From Me."



American Idol’s Adam Lambert soothed the angry masses Tuesday after fans began tweeting him about something Adam Levine said on The Voice's semifinals show.



It all started after semifinalist Nakia performed a spirited version of Lambert’s hit, “Whataya Want From Me,” and an impressed Levine said a couple things that some apparently took as insults against Lambert.



“I’m not familiar with that song, but you just forced me to like it,” the Maroon 5 front man tells the performer.



“I’m pretty sure, although I’ve never heard that song before,” he then adds, “That you probably sang it better than the person that sang it originally. So, good job.”



In response to the performance and Levine’s comments, Lambert tweeted, “Yeah Nakia! Saaaang boy!! Great performance. I think Adam might know who I am after this next album. Get ready for me Levine. Hahah”



Apparently, that lighthearted response wasn’t enough for his fans who began tweeting the singer about how angry they were about Levine’s comments.



“But for the record, Im def a Maroon 5 fan,” he writes. “Fans: there is NO reason to be angry. Thanks for being protective but it's all good. :)”



Levine can now apparently sleep soundly tonight.